Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Like It: wintery, holiday loves & must haves

 

 
1. I don't have these L.L. Bean boots but I think they're adorable and just perfect for rainy/snowy days in the winter. I currently have the super tall Hunter Boots which are fine just a bit clonky which gets annoying when I'm trotting up and down the stairs in the subway.
 
2. I live in a railroad apartment which forces me to walk out of my apartment and into the hallway to get from my room to the lavatory, kitchen, or living room.Warm, comfy, slippers are absolutely necessary because of that and also...in the frigid months here you just gotta have them.
 
3. If you've read this blog at all, you know that Le Creuset cookware has become my newest obsession and this french oven in particular is perfect for making the best stews and soups ever.
 It's a little pricey, but it's an investment that you will have in your kitchen forever.
 
4. Cute, tin of hot cocoa? I'll take it.
 
5. I can't lounge on the couch without some sort of blanket. This throw is so beautiful that I'd leave it on display all the time.
 
6. Oh man am I loving the Elf on the Shelf! Somehow, this is the first year I've heard about it. I'm definitely getting one next year and I'll have her keep an eye on Lucy and Louis.
 
7. My mom and sister have been obsessed with this candle for years. I rarely buy it for myself, but it will always be my favorite candle and a perfect gift for any girl or guy who loves a deliciously good smelling home.
 
8. Beer is pretty much my favorite beverage. I crave it after a long day, good day, bad day, cold or hot day, when relaxing, decompressing, or celebrating. Sam Adams Seasonal, whatever the season, is my brew of choice for home or when I'm out.
 
9. Everyone needs a cute mug for the holidays to enjoy hot chocolate, tea, and coffee!
 
10. Living in the northeast I have to have a great hand cream on me at all times during the cold months. This one is my favorite because it smells amazing and keeps hands from getting dried/cracked---an issue I'd never even heard of before moving here. I love Lavender Apple and Patchouli Lavender Vanilla.
 
11. So my favorite scarf this year is the red cowlneck from the Gap. I tried searching for it online and can't find it so I think it might be sold out. I don't have this Anthropologie scarf, but it's really amazing. I'll take any colorful, bulky, soft scarf I can find! Also I love the loops - they make me feel less strangled especially when I'm jammed on the train.
 
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I will get you the French Oven. Do you still have the Wedding shipping address? Remember that I promised you one more thing. Maybe I will soon get another William Sonoma coupon.

    So cross this one off your wish list.

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad you're crazy! YOu already got me that! that's what I used your Sur La Table gift card for!

    ReplyDelete