I became less anxious last year. It really didn’t take long for me to feel a wave of ease. I wasn’t sure I could do it with a simple decision, but I feel good about the progress. I still have certain tendencies, I pray a lot more than normal on airplanes and I hold my breath when I get home until I hear the jingle of my dog’s collar – but overall, I feel like a whole new person after 2013.
My resolution for the next 11.75 months should probably be to accept that God’s timing is best even if it doesn’t align with my own. My level of impatience is excrutiating. Instead, here are eleven things on my (not all-inclusive) list for 2014:
1. Read better books.
2. Watch all episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, from the beginning.
3. Learn to make delicious coffee in the French press.
4. Stay in a cabin for a weekend.
5. Sip whiskey during grown up get togethers.
6. Go to a winery.
7. See more of upstate New York.
8. Take another west coast trip.
9. Get more takeout.
10. Stop obsessing about bad skin.
11. Less phone internetting.
Going to eat some soup now. Happy New Year. Hope you learn and love a lot, have few things to complain about, and laugh at everything - because life is really strange and funny.