Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hooray for SNOW!

Lately, the hope for snow days really keeps me going. When I spot even the tiniest of flurries, I call the emergency hotline praying for a new message announcing that we are free to stay home from work. More times than not, business is scheduled as usual. Today, however, is a snow day.




Yesterday I received a keurig coffee machine from my Mom. Lou and I seriously have the best parents. We mention one tiny thing, "man my coffee sucks lately," "lucy keeps peeing on the floor," "my phone battery keeps dying," "i love this mini cupcake machine" and WaLA! A new coffee maker, puppy pee pad, battery, and a Barefoot contessa coconut cupcake/cream cheese frosting mix. It seems like every day we come home to a surprise!

All of my college bffs live so far away, so our hangouts are rare but wonderful. Abbey visited two weekends ago. I've been dying to see her for awhile because in August she became engaged...and so of course I needed to see her beautiful ring in person and share in the excitement with her. Guess what, I'm a BRIDESMAID!!!! She's my first college friend to get engaged. I seriously cannot wait for all the reunions we'll have this year -dress fittings, bachelorette party, and wedding!! We didn't take any pictures while she was here so I'm a little bummed about that, but, we did spend the majority of our time together on the couch in our pajamas attempting to watching Sex in the City 2. Very limited photo opps.

Something I was able to capture...DeFab's birthday party!! We actually had three celebrations. On his birthday eve, I took him to dinner at Peter Lugar Steakhouse. He'd been wanting to go for awhile because it's the #1 Steakhouse in NY. The food was insanely delicious - we had a steak for 2, creamed spinach, ceasar salad, french fries, and finished our feast with a hot fudge sunday. The ambiance of the restaurant was perfect. It was so quiet and fancy. Definitely a special occasion place, but I'd love to go again.

Then for his actual birthday we went to Gutter in Brooklyn for beers and bowling. Lots of friends joined us. I think Lou may have won 1 game. I predictably, came in last every time.






Sunday night we ventured to Long Island to Lou's Aunt JoAnne's house. She made prime rib, some kind of cheesy broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and chicken marsala. They are the most adorable family and they are so sweet to us. We always have such a good time with them. Oh! And they even got a praline ice cream cake for Louis. Ahhh. So many light meals.







Today we are going to head over to the Natural Museum of History. I got Louis passes for his bday, so we'll make use of them today. I've never been, so I'm really looking forward to it. My mom is coming for her first NY visit since I've been here...TONIGHT! I'm praying her flight doesn't get cancelled.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two are living the good life up in NYC! We're going to be there in March, I hope I get to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And if you're friend needs a wedding photographer...I shoot weddings. Just sayin'! xoazuree.com !

    ReplyDelete