Sunday, December 23, 2012

Re-Hydration Smoothie

As promised, here's a delicious smoothie recipe that will get you re-hydrated in no time. I whipped this up a few weeks ago because I was feeling pretty tired and thirsty after a few holiday parties and I felt better soon after finishing it. I made it again before my flight to Seattle since flying (& drinking bloody marys) can get me pretty dehydrated as well. It's delicious, refreshing and a healthy alternative to the greasy hangover food that you might typically turn to.

Prep time: Less than 5 minutes
Servings: 1 glass


Here's what you need:
1 cup coconut water
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana 
4-6 ice cubes

Here's what you do:
Blend & serve!
 
 
 

 
 
 
There's nothing worse than waking up with your mouth feeling as dry as the wall and like your thirst will never be quenched. I'm telling you, this will do the trick!! If you don't like coconut water or haven't tried it, you won't even be able to taste it in this recipe. The taste of the fruit really comes through and you get all the benefits from the potassium packed water. I made Louis try it and he isn't a big fan of coconut water but he thought this was really delicious.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment