Monday, October 10, 2011

SHEESH.

I never did get tired of the heat this summer, I actually would have welcomed a few more burning, hot days, but I'm happy that the fall is here. November and December are always my favorite months, especially in NY. I love the crisp air, holiday decorations, music, smell of cinnamon, pumpkin pies, and spending time with our families. Also, I really want to make lots of delicious stews and soups in our new crock pot.

I've loved cooking so much lately. I always like it, but I've been coming up with some super delicious things. Louis and I were chatting about this yesterday, and I think that living here and eating at amazing restaurants has made me enjoy cooking even more. I like getting ideas and then trying to recreate something similar at home. It must partly be that I'm getting older, since I've been relaxing at the end of the day by stirring, chopping, and making meals that are both healthy and tasty.

Here are some of my favorite things to make/eat:
breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter, 1/2 banana, berries or apples, almond milk, cinnamon.

weekend breakfast: blueberry, banana, pancakes (I made these for the first time on Sunday and they were HEAVEN!)

lunch: arugala, feta, walnuts, dried cranberries with lemon juice. (I just discovered that I enjoy fruit on my salad.)

quick dinner: baked chicken, arugula, chickpeas, feta, cucumber, red onion, teensy bit of balsamic, stuffed in a hummus pita and topped with salsa.

dessert/snack/breakfast - AND my most favorite: toasted coconut, almond milk, banana and ice smoothie!!!ahhhh seriously, so good.

Clearly, I love food and I'm quite interested delicious, easy, healthy meals.

And while I'm on the subject, here are some photos of us during a tasting for our wedding. We are hoping for an Italian feast.

On our way...coffee time!



Appetizers...have you tried risotto balls? Uhhmmm amaze.



He's real excited.



Broccoli Raab & Sausage....not the best pic...but the point is I don't even like sausage and this was insanely delicious.



Mmmhmm.



Pesto pappardelle. So, so, ridiculously good.





Two more things:
1. Our engagement pictures are finished!!! I'll share some soon.
2. I found a dress...and I bought it!! Nothing to share on that, until after the wedding!! It's so weird making such a large purchase, for something so important and special to me, and not being able to show it to Louis! AHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment