Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tots & Turkey

Green bean casserole and stuffing in the oven. Turkey waiting to be prepped.Dad on his way over. Louis and the boys napping. We are having a Thanksgiving dinner with some friends today. It'll be our third year hosting a Thanksgiving. Nothing fancy. No new tablecloth, mix matched dishes that'll probably turn to paper plates, not enough seats at the table, but just right nonetheless.

 The brothers are too little to understand this whole holiday mess, but I know they're going to love it. I already feel like a kid again and I'm so grateful that I get to relive these years through the eyes of my sweet boys. I can't wait to have traditions with them, to teach them to cook, watch movies, to play and laugh and scream with excitement around people who love them so dearly. I'm gonna savor every second and hold on to this magical feeling forever.

 Before I get back in the kitchen, and grab some bottles since my Rocco boo is now awake, here's a quick update:

 At 6 months, the brothers tried real food! So far they've had avocado, sweet potato and green beans. Obviously their least favorite at this point is green beans. Rocco is impatient and hungry, Sonny is curious but not famished, and I am learning all the do's and don'ts of baby cuisine. They're sleeping great, though I'm afraid to mention that because every time I do it seems like they regress.

They chatter away in the morning and bang their toys on their cribs. If they see us, their little faces light up into the most perfect, giant smiles and it's all I can do not to explode right in front of them. I can never wait to wrap my arms around their tiny bodies and kiss their squishy cheeks. I've always been a morning person, but even more so these days. We sing and dance and bop around until they insist on having breakfast, then eat, play, rest, and do it again. All day long.

 They're both about 20 pounds of delight and in the 84-86 perecentiles for both height and weight - and every day around here is absolute heaven.


 












Happy Thanksgiving week, friends!

2 comments:

  1. These are the most beautiful babies I may have EVER SEEN!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! <3 Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful!!!

      Delete