Monday, September 14, 2015

Greenmarket Saturdays


Good morning! 



We had a delightful weekend and I'm so happy that it's sunny, cool and crisp outside. For obvious reasons, Saturdays have always been my favorite day of the week. I sort of wondered if that would change now that I am staying home because all of our days are mostly the same, but I still just love a Saturday. The past few weeks I've made a real effort to get us out of the house for the Greenpoint McCarren Park Greenmarket. Even if I'm not in the mood to unpack a big setup and lounge in the park, I still enjoy a nice walk and picking out delicious and fresh produce. I love seeing all the families, especially the kids running around while learning about different fruits and veggies that are in season. I love sampling the peaches and pickles. I love the smells of herbs and flowers. I love that I can take the cover off of the stroller and walk through the shade while my boys look around taking it all in, staring at the trees and smiling at strangers. It's a small little market and I can't get everything I need there, but I've been cutting back on my grocery orders to support these local farmers as much as possible.  I'm considering joining a farmshare but haven't had the chance to sign up. Perhaps, today. 

This weekend, Rocco was particularly excited about our outing.



 Shopping can be exhausting.


 SHEESH, MOM

These two have been so happy lately. Typically after the market they are ready to eat and sleep the second we walk in the door - and by that I mean by the time I bring up all the bags and double stroller they are screaming wondering where the heck are their bottles.Saturday they were in the best moods and didn't mind hanging out while they waited on me to prepare lunch.



 The plums on the right are not good so I'm going to freeze them for smoothies. So far everything else has been perfection. 

Annnd lately:

Anniversary celebration at the pool!
 Double Tube
 Labor Day Picnic at the park
 Papa time is the best time




 Looking very identical here, right?!



Have a great week!







6 comments:

  1. Gosh I love this so fun- you do make it look easy but I know you have your hands full- of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell baby powder as I read this. Love all the news & pics. Sooooooo glad you are a stay at home Mom & can enjoy this precious time of life. God bless! Auntie Joy

    ReplyDelete