Monday, July 29, 2013

Pretty Produce

Yesterday as I was prepping my fruits and vegetables, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful they were. Such pretty colors. I love juicing however it really takes up a lot of time, but, I suppose it's worth it. I normally do a lot of taste testing during the process so by the time I'm all done, which is typically after a couple of hours, I'm stuffed on juice and pulp and chopped fruit. It's all so tasty I can't help myself. 

I get a lot of questions about what recipes I follow, but I'll be honest, I really don't follow one for juice. I always know I want to make a fairly large batch so I usually get a large jar or pitcher and pour everything in as I go, then taste test and add ingredients as needed. For instance if it's too green (bitter/dirty) tasting, I'll add apples to make it sweeter. Not earthy enough, add kale or beets. My favorite is plain ole Apple Carrot. I do a half and half ratio for that. My mom gave a book called the Juicing Bible which is really interesting because it gives you various recipes that are good for health, healing, energy...you can find a lot of cures and remedies in the Juicing Bible. I've read through it a bit for ideas of what to mix together, but ultimately I go with whatever looks good at the market and isn't super expensive. 

This time I made a green juice with kale, green peppers, cucumbers, apples, pineapple, grapes, blueberries, and limes. I find the grapes and blueberries come out a bit thicker so I only use a couple of those - I really prefer them more in smoothies anyway. 






I'm excited to sip on these tasty treats. I've also started pouring them over ice when I can - another thing my mom showed me. It tastes better super cold. She also mixes in pea protein, which I have yet to find, but once I do I'll be adding in a scoop of that as well. So delicious!

What's your favorite juice? Any tips to make the process go quicker?

Have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment