Wednesday, July 31, 2013

chocolate coco chia pudding

I've been a fan of chia seeds for quite awhile now and enjoy them in kombucha, juice, overnight oats, and smoothies. So, when I first saw a photo of some yummy coconut pudding I knew I had to try it. I looked up a few recipes, but figured I'd pretty much follow what I do for a juice except add a few additional ingredients and more chia. As you know I'm also a huge chocolate lover...and I can't really imagine a better flavor for anything than chocolate. I decided to go with a chocolate coconut banana pudding.
 
Servings: 1
Prep Time: 5 minutes or less depending on how organized your kitchen is!
Cook time: You really just pop this in the fridge for a few hours so "cook" time is completely hands off making it super convenient and easy to make ahead of time.
 
Here's what you need:
1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
2 teaspoons honey
1 heaping teaspoon of coco powder
2.5 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut

Here's what you do:
Put everything into a jar with a lid, seal tightly
Shake well until everything is mixed 
Refrigerate for 5 hours, or for best results leave overnight - If you have time and remember, give it another good shake halfway through
Top with strawberries or bananas







The first batch of this I made I actually put the banana in the jar and let it sit with the rest of the ingredients, but I couldn't really taste it in there. The second batch I decided to save the banana for a topping. It also took me a couple tries to get it to a thickness that I like. If you decide you want it to be a little thicker add more chia (and of course let it refrigerate longer), but just add a little at a time because the longer you let those babies sit the more they expand.

This is a good dessert if you're in the mood for pudding. It's got a jello-like consistency while still being nice and chocolatey. If you want a cold, yummy, dessert that's healthy, give it a try. Definitely add the strawberries or bananas on top, the more the merrier. And maybe even a dab of whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment