Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Green Tea Grape Smoothie

 
 
Hello! So my new kitchen isn't 100% set up for making new recipes just yet, plus I just haven't had much time to get creative lately...which means that I've been making a LOT of smoothies. They are just too easy and I can pack tons of nutritious stuff in them as well as sip them while I'm on the run or getting ready for work. Win, win in my book!

Do you love grape juice? If so, you'll love this. I LOVE grape juice and grapes. Coupled with berries and green tea, the grape flavor really comes out and makes for a really tasty beverage.

Here's what you need:
1 cup grapes (purple or green...I tried both versions this week!)
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1 large handful spinach
1/2 cup coconut water
1/2 cup iced green tea, unsweetened
5 ice cubes

Optional add ins -
1/2 scoop protein
2 tbsp hemp hearts
1 tbsp chia
1/2 tsp maca root
Top with goji berries, hemp hearts and chia seeds

*First blend 1/2 of the liquid and spinach, then add the rest. Blend, enjoy!!

 
 

 

Hope everyone's doing something fun for the 4th tomorrow. We are having a little get together at our place which I'm excited about!! Wish we were completely set up but hey, not going to pass up on some fun just because our home isn't perfect. Yet. (That's what I keep telling myself. ) Anyway, we'll be having the standard goods - burgers and my pasta salad. Prepping tonight....fun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment