Monday, March 11, 2013

Green Veggie Egg Muffins

I've been meaning to post my recipe for these for awhile now, but for some reason I never ever get around to it. I typically switch back and forth between making these and hard boiled eggs for snacks and to pair with salads. I've tried tons of variations, but this by far is the greenest version I've made.



Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 min
Servings: 12

Here's what you need:
10 eggs
Asparagus (5 stalks)
Baby broccoli (1/2 of a bunch)
Spinach (Couple handfuls)
Pepper
Oregano

*I estimated measurements for the veggies. I typically just chop up a bunch and make sure that I have a good veggie to egg ratio. I like lots of greens in mine!!

Here's what you do:
Preheat oven to 350
Chop vegetables into small pieces
Beat eggs and season with generous amounts of pepper and oregano
Add vegetables to eggs and stir
Grease a muffin tin
Pour mixture into muffin tin filling each cup halfway
Bake for 18-20 minutes
Let cool for 5 minutes and remove using a spoon to loosen if needed

*I also used a little salt but next time I'm going to leave it out. I recommend adding it only if you need it...after trying a bite.


 
 

Store in tupperware and use throughout the week if you need a snack, extra protein, to spice up a salad, or just for breakfast!

I spent the entire afternoon yesterday brainstorming recipe ideas, reading paleo and food blogs, and cooking. It was amazing!! I've been dying for some good kitchen time where I can really take my time and enjoy myself. I put together the most delicious (and healthy)  nutty, coconut, energy bar that I'm going to be sharing really soon once I have it perfected.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I've eaten 4 hard boiled eggs today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen..haha!!! I feel ya! Love hard boiled eggs! Try this to switch it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made it today. It was great. I need a Sur le Table muffin pan but I used cool little clay bowls and they worked fine. I gave 4 away and everyone loved them. They really rock with Chulula Salsa Picante.

    Thanks for this simple, quick and great recipe.

    ReplyDelete