Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread


Do you have the plaid cookbook? If not, you need it. I have the binder version, 11th edition. It was a gift from sweet Charsaroo a few years ago, and it's my go-to cookbook. It's the only one I keep in arms reach because it's kind of like the internet - it answers all of my cooking quetions. Plus its really cute to keep on display. Red plaid!  I used their recipe for our Valentine's Day Banana Bread and added a few extra faves. Obviously, one being chocolate.

If you read my Valentine's Day post you already know that I served this up with bacon and fried eggs. On a regular day, I just enjoy Banana Bread with a cup of coffee, but let's be real, I'm pretty sure nobody needs suggestions on best ways to enjoy this delicious treat.

Here’s what you need:
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
3 very ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil (I used a little extra – 1/3 cup vegetable oil)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Here’s what you do:
Pre-heat oven to 350
Grease 8x4x2 inch loaf pan
In one bowl combine all dry ingredients EXCEPT the nuts, chocolate, and sugar
In a separate bowl, mash bananas – I use the bottom of a glass and just mash them right in the bowl
Add egg, sugar and cooking oil to banana
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until moistened
Add chocolate and nuts
Pour batter into the greased baking dish
Bake for 50 minutes
Leave in pan for at least 20 minutes, then move to rack
Let cool completely, and serve!












No comments:

Post a Comment