Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flea

Finally, the sun was out today!!!! This morning after class I ventured to the lower east side to meet a couple of ladies for a day of perfection. Our first stop was for iced coconut coffee, a delectable treat that sweet B has been raving about. It was de-lish...and now I'm on the hunt to find something similar that I can make at home.

We walked through the sun filled city, feeling happier than ever, and made our way to the Brooklyn Flea in Ft Greene. Of course there are so many things that I love about New York, but one of my top faves are all the insanely great markets with homemade items, food treats, jewelry, clothes, shoes, furniture...everything! I wish we spent more time searching today, but honestly, I could spend an eternity sorting through all of the gems in each unique stand. We looked for a bit, then went to Olea Mediterranean Taverna for a fabulous brunch-ish meal. I had a bloody mary and the Savory Parmesan Toast with poached eggs, peas and pea shoots, scallions and avgolemano sauce. It was amazing. I savored every single bite and I'm still thinking about how good it was.

Now I'm home and like always, staring at my dog. Earlier I decided to take her on a long walk, which have been few and far between due to weather conditions. We were enjoying our stroll until a bee stung her poor little leg. I screamed for help, but none of my neighbors came to the rescue. I called Dahni to come assist with the bee removal since I'm terrified of the awful creatures. Lucy is fine now that she's had her gigantic trader joe's treat. Thank G.

I loved today. I needed it. I think I'll have another market shopping day tomorrow.

http://www.brooklynflea.com/markets/
http://www.oleabrooklyn.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment