Friday, May 1, 2015

Pregnancy Survey

(Don't let this picture fool you. I'm about double that size now.)

Is this your first pregnancy? Yes!

When did you find out you were pregnant? October 11th

What was your first reaction? No way - I need another pregnancy test! I then delicately walked out to the car and made my way to the pharmacy down the street, terrified that the baby would fall out if I made any sudden movements. 

Who was with you when you found out? Just me and Lucy. Louis was at work and when he was finally off, he brought home a friend to pick up an extra tv. I was so on edge and dying to be alone to tell him the news.  He was irritated by my impatience and when I asked him to sit down so I could tell him something, he asked, "did someone die??"

How did your parents react? Everyone was really excited and supportive. We had hoped to tell all of our parents in person, but after our first appointment we found out some scary news. We decided we should tell our families right away so when we did, we were a bit nervous but everyone's excitement helped put us at ease and made it feel a little more normal. 
How far along are you? 34 weeks. 
What was your first symptom? Cramps, nausea, aversion to all healthy food.
What is your due date? Technically it's June 12th, a day after my 30th birthday. Since we are having twins they'll arrive earlier - mid May.
Do you know the sex of the baby? Identical Boys

How much weight have you gained? 37 pounds (for twins they want you to gain about 40-50 so I'm almost there)

Food aversions? At first I hated all the things I normally love - smoothies and vegetables. I mainly ate bagels, crackers, and milkshakes. After the first trimester I was able to eat healthy foods again, though since I'm not cooking my diet is not quite what it was before I was pregnant.

Cravings? I don't really feel like I have cravings anymore but what has become the norm is at least one treat daily. And by a treat I mean I typically have about a half pint of ice cream every night before bed. I obviously need the calcium. 
Do you have stretch marks? Not that I can see, but I won't be shocked if they start to appear as I'm currently stretched to the max. If I don't get any...I'll contribute it to genes and daily applications of coconut oil.

Happy or Moody? I feel super happy and not anywhere near as emotional as I imagined I would be! Except when I watch Grey's Anatomy then of course I am super emotional. 
Have you felt the baby move? These babies are always moving and currently there are four feet under my ribs which is making feel insane. 
Have you heard the heartbeat? Yes! We get to hear them every two weeks and now every week at our appointments.

Looking forward to...  Holding my babies! And also being able to move around again. I've always felt great physically and thankfully have never been sick or had injuries, so not feeling 100% and being able to keep up with my normal routine has been a bit of an adjustment. I'm excited to get back to yoga especially so that my back doesn't hurt as much. And also - I'm excited for drinks! Like....iced coffee, and maybe a glass of wine or a beer.

Sleep: I'm uncomfortable the entire night and feel like I hardly sleep a wink. Louis says otherwise and also says that I've been snoring.

Labor Signs: None yet but I do get those braxton hicks, especially starting in the afternoon and then all through the night
Home or hospital birth? Hospital
Natural or medicated birth? We don't really get an option - so medicated.
Who will be in the delivery room with you? We just found out that there will be a LOT of people in there. Each baby will have their own team, anesthesiologist, my doctor and nurses, and of course Louis!
Do you think you’ll need a c-section? Right now both babies are head down so we might not need a c-section, but we're prepared for anything
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time? I cry at everything so I imagine that I will
What’s the first thing you might say to him? Hallo baby, hallo tine!
Are you excited or scared about the birth? I’m really excited to meet the babies but nervous about the actual birth. Isn't everyone the first time? Just praying for no complications and that everyone is okay.



Here's me and Louis last week on our way to our first pediatrician appointment. We are super excited about these sweet little guys and have loved getting ready for their arrival!


1 comment:

  1. Loved reading all the facts & emotional news! Have you decided on names? I'm not asking what are the names - just if you've decided? Lots of love to you four - you are in our prayers - we know you will have a beautiful birthing experience. xx Aunt Joy

    ReplyDelete