Friday, March 15, 2013

Roasted Veggie Power Bowl

Tomorrow begins the St. Patty's Day celebration, which means a lot of beer drinking and cheat-meal eating. My plan is to fill up on as many veggies as possible tonight....because the guilt of breaking this healthy streak is already beginning to set in. Here's a super quick dinner idea that we've been enjoying the past couple of days. It's my own version of what we ate during our Pre-Cleanse from the Dig Inn. It's filling and satisfying, even without any meat!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: Make as much/little as you want!

Here's what you need:
ANY VEGGIES -Here are some options -
sweet potato
cauliflower
broccoli
brussel sprouts
cabbage
avacado
hummus
spices - pepper, garlic powder, tumeric, oregano, red pepper
 
Here's what you do:
*Revised from original post
Pre-heat oven to 450
Grab a baking/casserole dish and grease lightly with oil of choice
Peel/chop veggies as necessary/desired
Lay into baking dish - (I used to use cookie sheets, now I prefer a large casserole dish to make cleanup easier) I keep mine in sections but don't mind if they mix a bit. I  also don't worry if they overlap.
Drizzle a bit of oil, add spices, stir to make sure all are coated
I like to top my broccoli with lemon juice as well
Take out after 20 minutes!



Serve with a side of hummus and avacado. Top with Sriracha Sauce!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment