Sunday, March 3, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle Overview

I was thinking as I looked through some of the recipes that I've posted on here, that I don't post about the majority of our every day meals and snacks. Cauliflower (fake potato) soup, ground turkey and feta meatloaf, steak dinner - while those are all super delicious, they are also a bit more interesting to write and read about than spinach salad. The truth is, spinach salads make up the majority of my lunches, and our dinners. In reality, I eat very little meat and live on mostly vegetables and fruit. Especially fruit. I could live on ONLY fruit I think. Well, and peanut butter.

Exercise is also a big part of my life. I've been going to a gym around the corner from my house for about a year and a half. I took a little time off after our honeymoon, but found that my anxiety went through the roof when I wasn't getting rid of that negative energy on a regular basis. I have a pretty balanced workout routine of cardio, weights, and stretching. I love it. That's why I go. I think it's hard to make something part of your lifestyle if you don't love it. It took me some time to figure out what was going to work for me.  At first I despised it and wished I could go back to my $200/month yoga - in a beautiful venue with fancy girls sitting around drinking hot tea after each practice. I did a lot of research (by that I mean I read a lot of online health magazines--FUN!) to put together a program for myself and I add onto it or switch it up every couple of weeks.

I'm telling you all of this because sometimes I mention our low carb eating habits, or that we eat lots of vegetables, or that I'm very into health and exercise, but then I post about gorgeous steak dinners with roasted potatoes and pistachio chocolate chip cake. I love reading blogs about healthy recipes and new workout routines - probably half of the blogs that I read do just that. But, I don't want to box myself in here - because hey, I also like cakes, desserts, and treats and I enjoy reading and writing about that stuff too.

For the next few days I'm going to be posting about a first time cleanse experience. We are starting the BluePrint Cleanse this week which involves a few days of pre- and post-meal planning and prep - along with of course, the actual cleanse. I'm so, so excited about it because as you know I've been wanting to try this for awhile. Today is my first day of no coffee, I typically have 1-2 cups per day, and as I sit here typing I'm sipping on some spearmint green tea with lemon...which is delicious.

On that note: here is a peek into some of our every day meals and snacks.

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you all have a beautiful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment